Stellar Data Recovery has several software that works on the Microsoft SQL Server platform to provide data recovery solutions where it all seems to be lost. Most SQL Database administrators and developers would one day face one or more of these questions:
- Do you have a corrupt database file and need to recover the data?
- Do you have a corrupt backup file that you are unable to restore?
- Did you forget or do not know the password to connect to your SQL Server instance?
If you need a solution for all three issues above or just one or two, then look no further than the Stellar Repair for MSSQL.
The software is available in three editions:
- Technician Edition: Database Repair
- Platinum Edition: Recover or Extract Database from corrupt backup
- Toolkit: Database Repair, Database recovery from corrupt Backup, admin and users password Recovery
The Stellar Repair for MSSQL provides an a la carte way of purchasing utilities or tools for your needed features. Instead of billing you for one suite, the software has been priced based of the features. You could purchase a technician when looking into repairing a corrupt .MDF or Platinum to get the ability to extract database from backups or go for the Toolkit to have full access to all the above-mentioned features as well as reset SQL Server Admin and user passwords.
Some new features you will notice with the 9.0 version are:
- New and enhanced GUI.
- Multiple DPI Supported (100%, 125%, 150%, 175%).
- Saves the Scan Information.
- Option to save repaired database to SQL Server Authentication (along with Windows Authentication as in previous versions).
- Support for MS SQL Server 2017, MS SQL Server 2016, MS SQL Server 2014, MS SQL Server 2012 R2, 2012, MS SQL Server 2008 R2, 2008, 2008 (64 bit), 2008 Express, MS SQL Server 2005, 2005 (64 bit), 2005 Express, MS SQL Server 2000, 2000 (64 bit), 7.0 and mixed formats.
The installation piece of the software is very easy and user friendly. The below steps would help you to successfully install the software.
- Run the downloaded Stellar Repair for MSSQL.exe to open the setup dialog box.
- Click next and accept the License Agreement to continue.
- Browse and specify the location and folder for the binary installation file and click next to continue.
- Select checkbox per installation requirements for the additional task screen.
- Review your installation configurations and select back to modify any settings. Click start to install if ready.
- Click Finish after a successful completion of the install.
Launch the Stellar Repair for MSSQL from your start menu under programs or double click the desktop icon.
Quick Overview of Stellar Repair for MS SQL:
Stellar Repair for MS SQL software can help you fix the corruption and restore the data back in some cases even when the data is deleted. The easy to navigate GUI takes all the existing stress of dealing with a corrupt database.
The included deleted records functionality can assist in restoring deleted records in the MS SQL database (MDF) repaired file. By check-boxing the above highlighted [Include Deleted Records], the repair process will try to recover any deleted records (if found).
A left pane object explorer shows a tree map of all the database objects in the repaired database. You also have the functionality of being selective in your export/save of objects by check boxing the needed table(s). You can also directly view records in the tables to verify the consistency and data quality.
Below at the footer of the application is the Log report which provides a verbose log of the transactions that occur during the repair process. This is essential for troubleshooting and understanding the different processes that occurred during the repair.
Stellar Repair for MSSQL provides that enterprise-level SQL Server database repair solution that saves tremendous hours of administrative work of recovering a corrupt database. The entire suite called the Toolkit opens all the amazing features of SQL Server password reset and SQL database backup recovery.
The super-fast recovery algorithm can retrieve data from a corrupted database or backup file and create a new database or export data into other formats. The SQL user password reset tool allows the average user to change passwords without in-depth technical knowledge.
I was not expecting such additional out-of-box functionalities such as multiple backup supports (full, differential, or transaction log). This is an all-in-one solution tool that I would recommend to anyone (technical and non-technical) that works with SQL Server databases.